Effective as of April 1, 2022
1. What is Sunlighten Day Spa?
Sunlighten Day Spa opened in 2008, with the vision of providing an upscale retreat with a community feel for Kansas Citians to experience Sunlighten® infrared treatments. This vision quickly expanded to a full-service day spa. Sunlighten Day Spa is focused on services that promote natural healing. Sunlighten infrared sauna memberships, deep tissue massage, organic facials, and body contouring are just a few offerings on the menu.
Sunlighten Day Spa offices are located at 7373 W. 107th Street Overland Park, Kansas 66212.
2. Collecting and Using Information
Personal Data We Collect
Information You Provide
When you use the Site or Services, you may voluntarily provide us with the following types of Personal Data:
- Spa Party Request Information. When you request information on a Sunlighten Day Spa party, you will provide us with your first and last name, phone number, email address, number of guest, type of service, date of service.
- Interact with our Site or Services. When you send us any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or interact with us in any way, you may need to provide us with your first and last name, and email address.
Information as You Navigate Our Site and Services
We automatically collect certain Personal Data through your use of the Site and Services. We will automatically collect certain Personal Data, such as the following:
- Usage Information. We collect information such as which of the pages on the Site you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Site.
- Device Information. We collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, and browser.
- Mobile Device Information. In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Site via a browser on your mobile device, we collect and aggregate information about whether you are accessing the Site via a mobile device or tablet, device type, and carrier.
- Location Information. We collect location information from Site visitors on a city-regional basis.
Third Party Information
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the Personal Data we collect to provide the Services to you, to improve our Services and Site, and to protect our legal rights. In addition, we may use the Personal Data we collect to:
- Provide information to you about product & service pricing;
- Administer drawings;
- Email you our monthly specials;
- Contact you regarding appointments;
- Provide you with a Sunlighten Day Spa service;
- Contact you regarding our products and services that we feel may be of interest to you;
- Communicate with you about our Site or Services or to inform you of any changes to our Site or Services;
- Provide support;
- Maintain and improve our Site and Services;
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
- Efficiently maintain our business; and
- Comply with applicable law.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- With service providers who perform data services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.). Any such service providers will be under an obligation to us to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Data;
- To service providers to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personal Data where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personal Data;
- To any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale; and
- To any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure.
3. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that MEF, LLC transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow MEF, LLC to make it easier for you to navigate the Website and Service, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow MEF, LLC to track your activities at the Website and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. MEF, LLC uses session cookies to allow its systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Website. This allows MEF, LLC to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through the Website.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. MEF, LLC uses persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to the Website who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Website, but some features may not function.
4. Third Party Processors
To ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures with the service providers we share your Personal Data with to ensure that your Personal Data is treated by those service providers in a way that is consistent with and which respects the applicable laws on data security and privacy. For example, we use Google Analytics, MindBody for appointment bookings and communications, and Office 365 for data backup and recovery.
5. “Do Not Track” Signals
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
6. Advertising and Marketing Choices
Depending on your location (and reflecting applicable law), you may have been asked to indicate your preferences, provide us with your consent regarding the receipt of such information from us, and indicate how you would like to receive it. Wherever you are located, we will send you marketing communications based on any preferences you may have expressed.
We only want to send you information in which you are interested. If you do not want to receive these communications or would like to understand more about other unsubscribe options, please contact us as set out in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
For email communications, you can opt out and/or manage your preferences by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
7. Third Party Links
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personal Data we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
9. Children’s Privacy
The Site and Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 16.
11. How to Contact Us
For questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Sunlighten Day Spa, Inc.
7373 W. 107th Street
Overland Park, KS 66212